Today, the dynamic of work has changed. A recent Gallup poll found that 45% of full-time employees in the US work from home full time (25%) or part-time (20%). The remote revolution is here to stay!
As the work culture has changed, so have the tools used to conduct business. Wherever your employees are working, whether it’s their home office, corporate office, or on the road, they must stay connected to do their jobs. Your team needs the right equipment to make it all happen.
One tool that is changing work is VoIP telephony.
What is VoIP?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) has been here since the 1990s. Today, VoIP is one of the best and most versatile business tools around.
VoIP connects to your phone and routes calls through your Internet connection. It records your voice, turns it into data packets that travel to your service provider, and is converted back into voice. Cloud-based VoIP allows you to make calls from anywhere.
Top 5 Ways VoIP Can Streamline Your Operations
A cloud-based communications system is a smart investment. Your business will not only be more connected, you’ll also save money too! Here are 5 ways VoIP can benefit your business.
- VoIP Offers Advanced Features – These include call forwarding, transfers and routing, SMS, call recording, and even email. With a unified system, you’ll reach clients and colleagues anytime, anywhere.
- VoIP Saves Money – Traditional phone service costs include hardware, wiring charges, and recurring fees. VoIP costs less, is more flexible, and can offer savings of up to $11,000 per employee annually!
- Crisp, High-Quality Calls – Calls are clear, crisp, and won’t lag or drop out if you have a stable, reliable broadband connection to the Internet.
- VoIP is Scalable – A VoIP system can grow with your business. Add lines when you need them, or scale back when you don’t. Easily tailor your system to meet your exact needs.
- Softphones for Flexibility – Apps installed on your laptop, tablet, desktop, or smartphone, softphones are portable, take up little desk space, reduce equipment costs, and are always connected. It’s a perfect tool for your remote workers.
Are you ready to switch your business to a cost-effective, affordable cloud-based communication solution? Give your DSI rep a call and let us show you the benefits of VoIP.
DSI has over 20 years’ experience providing award-winning business technology solutions to their customers in New Mexico and Texas. Products and services include Printers, Copiers and MFPs, Faxing and Scanning Solutions, Wide Format Printers and Production Print, Video Surveillance, VoIP and Digital Whiteboards.
For the latest industry trends and technology insights visit DSI’s main Blog page.